If you want to build an online store then you need to choose the right e-commerce plugin. The right plugin for your store helps to make a better platform and increase your business growth.
Many E-commerce plugins are available in the market but not all of them have the right features according to your business.
Some plugins are made for selling Digital products like photos, music, ebooks, and some are best for selling physical products. If you want to start a dropshipping business then you’ll need different plugins that support drop-shipping like Shopify.
Some Common Features for every type of e-commerce store
- Design and Customization– Design is important for every website because it is the first interaction of your visitors. Make sure your Website has a customization option.
- Apps or Integration– Make sure you can add third-party apps or websites like email marketing, software, etc. It helps to grow your business easily.
- Payment Solution– Make sure your e-commerce plugin supports your preferred payment gateways by default or through an extension.
Top 4 WordPress ecommerce Plugins for Website
It is the most popular and most used WordPress e-commerce plugin. It was acquired by automattic in 2015. Many add-ons are available for woocommerce.
- You can sell both physical or digital products with this.
- Hundred of extensions are available for woocommerce, which helps to add a new feature in woocommerce. You have many options when you edit site design and layout.
- You can sell affiliate products with it.
- Easily manage inventory to a store manager.
- It supports a much popular payment gateways. You can add a payment gateway by using extensions. Also, it can calculate shipping and taxes.
- It is best but it gives many options on the setting page which can confuse new users.
- Many Add-ons are available, Sometime users may not find the right add-ons.
- If your store gets larger then you will need to used a managed hosting provider.
- It is perfect for any kind of E-commerce Websites.
It is a hosted e-commerce platform which gives seamless integration. Its integration plugin helps to embed your products in WordPress. It automatically creates the cart, account, signing and many other important pages for your website.
Pros of Big Commerce
- All features are available with high performance, best security, easy scalability.
- You can use this to sell on other platforms like Instagram, Amazon, Facebook.
- It doesn’t take transaction charges.
- Its e-commerce engine is separate from other content of the site which is good for your WordPress site.
Cons of Big Commerce
- It is not available for free. You need to purchase its plan if you want to use this.
- It integrates only top third-party apps and tools.
Easy Digital Download
You can sell your digital products easily with this. Its special features helps to create beautiful digital goods store.
Pros of Easy Digital Downloads
- Its mainly designed to sell digital download products.
- Best and Easy for first-time users. Anyone can add products.
- Many Extensions are available for easy digital downloads for payment gateways, services, marketing.
- It can fit with any WordPress theme
- You can use its plugin which gave all instructions of setup. Also, use its free support forums.
Cons of Easy Digital Downloads
- You can use it for only digital download products.
- It is a Freemium Plugin.
You can sell subscription based products or services with Membership Plugins. Best Plugin with almost all integration options. You can integrate it with woocommerce.
Pros of Membership
- You can easily sell subscriptions, membership with this.
- You can integrate it with woocommerce and also connect with third party services.
- It gives the option of access control of users according to user access levels. You can saw particular content with any user you want.
Cons of Membership
- It supports only Paypal, stripe, and authorize net payment gateways.
- Not available for Free. Pricing plans are available.